There are many elements to be considered when designing a training session. The first consideration is always safety. This considers the safety of the equipment, facilities and training being designed to meet the levels of the athlete/s.
Other elements to be considered when designing a training session include how much time will be allocated to each activity, what the goals or aims of the session will be, how warm up and cool down will be done and making sure you leave room at the end to evaluate the session.
The timing of the elements is also important to consider. How long will the athlete/s spend warming up, doing conditioning work, or focusing on a skill? What order will these be done in order to gain the most from the training session? these and many more questions need to be considered int he designing of a training session.
Students learn about:
- elements to be considered when designing a training session
Students learn to:
- examine different methods of structuring training sessions
- design and implement a training session for a specific event. Evaluate the session by considering questions such as:
- did the activities match the abilities of the group?
- what was the reaction of the group?
- how could the session be modified?
Past HSC PDHPE exam questions
2013 Question 32
(b) Justify each of the elements that need to be considered when designing a training session. 12 Marks