pdhpe.net is created and owned by me, Daniel Jackson. I have always loved sports and physical activity. When I finished school I completed a Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sports Science), where I fell in love with exercise physiology and training. I worked for a while in rehabilitation before going back to uni to complete a Graduate Diploma in Education.
I landed my first teaching job before I had even started my dip ed and studied part-time while completing my studies. I began teaching in 2006 and love watching students succeed, both in my subject and in life. My current role is at a senior school where my main focus is HSC PDHPE.
My professional achievements include:
- Founder of TeachersPD
- Host of the Effective Teaching podcast
- Certified Google Trainer and Innovator
- Creating a PDHPE Flipped Learning community (join here)
- Previous ACHPER Board Member
- Previous Regional Representative for PDHPE Teachers Association
- Presenting at HSC Enrichment Days & Stage 6 Conference (ACHPER)
- Running Profession Development for ACHPER (Literacy & Google Apps)
- Presenting at the ACHPER 2017 & 2019 International Conference (Flipped Learning & Google Apps)
- Presenting for the EdTechTeam Summits
- Presenting at PDHPE Teachers Association Conferences
- Presenting at the ConnectedPE International Online Converence
Having trained as an exercise sports scientist, stage 6 PDHPE is my bread and butter. I love teaching Health Priorities in Australia, Factors Affecting Performance, Sports Medicine and Improving Performance. I am passionate about sports medicine and ensuring athletes are both safe and performing well.
I am also very into health. This began with a keen passion for the gym and has grown into a well-rounded appreciation for multiple types of exercise and healthy eating.
I love to spend my spare time with my awesome family. My wife and 4-year-old son (who is absolutely adorable) are always full of fun and energy.
pdhpe.net came out of my frustrations with 5-year-old textbooks with out-of-date information and often poorly communicated physiology. I wanted to create something that was up-to-date, useful and comprehensive. My site is designed for students, aiming to give them all the information they need in HSC PDHPE, providing examples and study tips along the way.